I have only recently gotten my hands on Melissa essential oil and it has definitely lived up to its hype! The scent is very similar to lemongrass which my husband enjoys and I have already been applying to my oldest daughter’s feet this weekend to support her immune system. Knowing that I was sharing my ” new special oil” with her made her feel a little better right away. She is five and almost as into the oils as I am, it is an amazingly healthy hobby to share.
So what is this elusive oil good for? Melissa essential oil can:
- Help to support a healthy immune system
- Calm tension and nerves
- Promote feelings of relaxation
- Promote emotional health
It is called the “Oil of Light” since it is said to awaken the soul to truth and light, reminding them of who they truly are and why they came to this earth. It can help one move past dark thoughts and see the joy of living. It blends wonderfully with tangerine, lavender and lime and smells great diffused.
Melissa can be utilized by:
- Diffusing at night or rubbed on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and promote emotional well-being.
- Added to a moisturizer or spray bottle with water and spritzed on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh your thoughts.
- Diffused to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep.
- Applying directly to skin for topical absorption or diluted for those with sensitive skin.
This is one of the more expensive essential oils but after using it for the last few weeks I do see its value. I’m happy to have it part of my collection and so is my daughter.